You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher fails to launch after installation

DerekOF

Hi I'm an experienced InD and QXP user and I just bought this product yesterday having researched it but never used it.

It won't launch on my Mac running OS10.11, the error in the console reads

taskgated killed com.seriflabs.affinitypublisher because its use of the com.apple.developer.ubiquity-container-identifiers entitlement is not allowed (error code -67065)

I see from older posts on the forum that this issue has come up before (see here, here and here ) with Publisher and other Affinity products.

Was it ever resolved?

Is there some fix that I am missing?

Should I just claim a refund?

25 minutes ago, SPaceBar said:

Hi @DerekOF Welcome to the Affinity forums!

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble launching the app.

https://store.serif.com/update/macos/publisher/1/

Out of interest did you buy it from the Affinity store or the Mac App Store? If you bought it from the Affinity store could I ask you to try Publisher 1.8.6 to see if that works for you.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

To answer your questions:

• I bought it from the Affinity Store.
  • v1.8.6 failed to launch too.

16 minutes ago, SPaceBar said:

Thanks for checking. Can you take a screenshot of the error message so I can share it with my colleagues please? Also, do you get a crash log? If you do can you attach it here for me so I can see if anyone else has had this issue recently? Thanks

There's no Crash report.

Here's what I can find:

From the Mac Console:

25/02/2021 14:54:32.639 Finder[927]: OSActivityID: 0x0000000000002ad1
com.apple.message.domain: com.apple.coreservices.applaunch
com.apple.message.path_bucket: 0
com.apple.message.volume_is_network: no
com.apple.message.quarantined: yes
com.apple.message.volume_is_removable: no
com.apple.message.volume_is_ejectable: no
com.apple.message.volume_is_root: yes
com.apple.message.volume_is_disk_image: no
com.apple.message.bundle_version: 1.9.0
com.apple.message.bundle_identifier: com.seriflabs.affinitypublisher
com.apple.message.bundle_short_version: 1.9.0
SenderMachUUID: 88848909-83E1-39AF-9B8E-A535DEC3B3E8

25/02/2021 14:54:32.000 kernel[0]: proc 2801: load code signature error 4 for file "Affinity Publisher"
25/02/2021 14:54:32.677 amfid[152]: /Applications/Affinity Publisher.app/Contents/MacOS/Affinity Publisher signature not valid: 0xfffefa26
25/02/2021 14:54:32.701 taskgated[247]: killed com.seriflabs.affinitypublisher[pid 2801] because its use of the com.apple.developer.ubiquity-container-identifiers entitlement is not allowed (error code -67065)
25/02/2021 14:54:32.702 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]: (com.apple.xpc.launchd.oneshot.0x1000000c.Affinity Publisher[2801]) Service exited due to signal: Killed: 9

• Staff

Your OS is trying to verify the Developer signature in Affinity Publisher and is failing. We know that the application has been signed (it is not allowed on the Mac App Store unless it has been) so perhaps the problem is that your mac cannot verify our signature. Are you using a VPN as there are a number of reports that say this can block the verification process, and that search lists other causes too

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon