You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey,

I was trying to export the attached file to psd from affinity photo and designer, and for some reason the export progress bar does not move at all. My flatmate tried to export it on his laptop, and it also did not work, but exporting from publisher had some progress before an error accured. (Both my flatmate and me are on macOS, all programs up to date.)

Would be thankful for any help and ideas.

mystical_archive.zip

I can confirm PSD export failing in Publisher. The error message appears after roughly 1 Minute and is very unspecific: "An error occurred while exporting to: /Users/Alina/Downloads/Elsha of the Infinite.psd"

I can also confirm PSD export getting stuck in Designer. This is as far as it ever got, even after 3 minutes before I aborted it. Furthermore I was unable to even cancel the export, I force quit Designer after waiting for a minute after pressing cancel.

939918544_ScreenShot2021-02-24at15_37_16.png.86fc9aef32e90117c6f1b6550bb2f9c3.png

MacBook Pro 2018 with 2.7 GHz i7, 16 GB RAM, 235 GB free on internal SSD
macOS Big Sur 11.2.1 (20D74)
Affinity Publisher 1.9.0
Affiinity Designer 1.9.0

@fireantprincess Is there something you were expecting setting DPI to 1200? Supercrisp printing perhaps? ;) Setting it to 300 dpi was exporting in a few seconds. Worth a look for the developers why 1200 DPI is breaking everything.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

The output is not what you expect. Seems to be a bug here, that should be reported by you. The curve at the top position has a needless fill, but this fill is exported as well and overlays everything.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

2 hours ago, Joachim_L said:

I had to change two fills and attached is my version with 300dpi exported from APu.

psd-export.jpg

So, I don't understand why the DPI or fills should matter, but I tried setting the DPI to 300 and got rid of all redundant fills and the file still won't export for me. Which fills did you change exactly? And why do you think the fills make a difference?