You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Nikon Z5 Raw file support

I have the same problem. The saturation and contrast of the colours is very low. My OS is Catalina and that does not support the Z5 raw files. I use Adobe Bridge as file manager. That shows the colours of the Z5 raw file correctly.

For the time being, when I edit a Z5 raw file, I turn on the saturation and vibrance to 50% to get the colours back. In most of the cases they resemble the original ones, so that works for me. I then play around with the other settings.

• Staff

@Terence_001

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums :) 

Our list of currently supported cameras in the Affinity Range is kept here, and the Nikon Z5 is not among them, sorry.

We have recently implemented LibRaw 0.20 and your camera (recently added in the LibRaw 2021 snapshot) should be added in a future update. We do not have a timeline on this as we tend to change RAW support when it can get a long beta testing cycle.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I just purchased a new Nikon Z5 and like the others I find the NEF files in Affinity Photo 1.91 are washed out and I'm unable to process them properly.  Please update your program (which is excellent by the way) to handle Nikon Z5 Raw NEF files ASAP.  At present my new camera is a big disappointment because I can't shoot in RAW.

• 4 months later...

Indeed the colors do not match ( on a Mac using OS Big Sur).

When i load a NEF directly it is pale, washed out.

When i use Nikon Capture the images are much brighter. Calling Affinity Photo from within Capture will lead to better results.

I also tried Darktable and it leads to better results (inbetween of Capute and Affinity Photo). I would love to be able to work without NX on a Mac. Would that be possible?