You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Added .icc profile doesn't appear in lists.

Aaron D

I do have the same problem with my color profiles I need for work, for example the "PSOcoated_v3.icc".

I installed the profile in "/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/PSOcoated_v3.icc" as the manual of Affinity Publisher states.
But I also tried by putting it in  "~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/PSOcoated_v3.icc".

The profile is visible in the ColorSync Utility from Apple and can be selected and worked with in Adobe Photoshop as well as Pixelmator Pro … but it is not visible in Affinity Publisher!

I'm on macOS 11.2.2 and using Affinity Publisher 1.9.1

5 hours ago, superpixel said:

I do have the same problem with my color profiles I need for work, for example the "PSOcoated_v3.icc".

I installed the profile in "/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/PSOcoated_v3.icc" as the manual of Affinity Publisher states.
But I also tried by putting it in  "~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles/PSOcoated_v3.icc".

The profile is visible in the ColorSync Utility from Apple and can be selected and worked with in Adobe Photoshop as well as Pixelmator Pro … but it is not visible in Affinity Publisher!

I'm on macOS 11.2.2 and using Affinity Publisher 1.9.1

This issue has existed across the suite since 1.8.6.  How hard can it be to fix something you had working right?  I'm glad I haven't deleted Adobe yet.

3 minutes ago, wjb said:

This issue has existed across the suite since 1.8.6.  How hard can it be to fix something you had working right?  I'm glad I haven't deleted Adobe yet.

For home and hobby usage, color profiles may not be that important.

But Affinity positions itself as a professional solution for publishing – on the same level as software from Adobe. A professional print workflow depends heavily on the use of color profiles.

How can we take the Affinity suite serious as professionals, if such basic functionality keeps being dysfunctional over many update cycles?

I would love to switch to Affinity products at work, but it keeps being: just good enough for home use only.

15 hours ago, SillyWalk said:

That’s known bug.

try this

Thank you, works for me!

But this is exactly what I meant: A know bug since 3 months and still not solved by Serif, even other apps are doing well with color profiles on macOS Big Sur.

At least, if this is known since so long, write it into the documentation.

First, it is worth noting that article [KNOWN ISSUE] is misleading.  It is not just a Big Sur issue.  It existed under Mojave from Affinity 1.8.6 on (at least mid-November of 2020).

Second, rather than dragging multiple redundant profiles from the depths of ~/Library (that Apple hides from users by default) to each of the three Affinity apps, it's much easier to just load Adobe.

Lastly, DO NOT write this into the documentation.  FIX IT!  Please?  (It really shouldn't take much longer than documenting it would.)

To get the profiles back. Copy them to the folder:

User/(your name)/Liberary/Application Support/Affinity Publisher/profiles...

This works with the affinity store version...

Affinty Designer from the apple store do not have such a profile folder...

--> affinity please fix

8 hours ago, solaris said:

To get the profiles back. Copy them to the folder:

User/(your name)/Liberary/Application Support/Affinity Publisher/profiles...

This works with the affinity store version...

Affinty Designer from the apple store do not have such a profile folder...

--> affinity please fix

The Mac App Store Versions do have such a profile folder too. The user «Leigh» lists them all in his post.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2021 at 3:41 AM, Aaron D said:

It does appear in all the places I've looked in Adobe PhotoShop.

On 2/27/2021 at 9:44 PM, wjb said:

it's much easier to just load Adobe.

For some users it seems to cause issues in Adobe apps, too.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/where-to-place-icc-custom-printing-profiles-in-big-sur-to-use-them-in-photoshop-cc/td-p/11743082?profile.language=de

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/access-to-library-on-big-sur.2268746/

On 3/19/2021 at 9:35 PM, Michael_ said:

This does not work

What exactly does not work: Placing the profiles in the according folder – or make them show up in Affinity? Can you post a screenshot of a finder window with a profile selected + its full folder path visible? – Like this… here, in macOS 14.6, it seems even the profile within the Adobe folder is available in APub ("Coated GRACOL…")

1594562329_iccprofilefinder.thumb.jpg.c6d71dcb47dd5655c2b8dcfe5973146a.jpg  425374908_iccprofileapub.jpg.ca45079fa440120c8c742d51df11af35.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Hi thomaso, placing the profiles in the library folders works. I can choose the profiles in publisher 1.8.6 but the I can't see them in publisher 1.9.2.1014

755881446_Bildschirmfoto2021-03-22um20_57_44.png.66320ff945bf63f95a5e69623b5c19ee.png766409936_Bildschirmfoto2021-03-22um21_01_18.png.5cbc3d4b75da1ecc5fa03f51780bd2c3.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-22 um 20.58.41.png

Mac Mini M1 | Big Sur 11.2.3 | Affinity Publisher, Designer, Photo 1.9.2

I have found a solution: When I copy the ICC-Files into the folder shown in the screenshot, the profiles are available in Publisher. All other folders are not working. 

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-28 um 17.02.03.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-03-28 um 17.03.00.png

Mac Mini M1 | Big Sur 11.2.3 | Affinity Publisher, Designer, Photo 1.9.2

Publisher 1.9.2 seems to be properly finding my custom printer profiles now, at least under Mojave.  I no longer have Big Sur or Catalina environments, sorry.  I have not tested Designer or Photo yet.

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have to correct myself (I hate that):

Affinity Suite 1.8.6-1.9.1 broke custom printer profile support.  1.9.2 fixed it.

1.9.3 did not break it again.  Something else broke.  In this case, the most unlikely, bizarre, inkjet issue I’ve ever run in to.  Both black ink tank jets blocked up suddenly and completely.  All eight of the other Canon Pro-10 tanks were perfectly clean.  So when coincident with the 1.9.3 update, my printout just had kind of muddy grays (no lines like you normally get with clogged jets), my first guess was they broke the printer profiles again.  This led to much frustration in the wee hours of this morning.  I finally decided to try generating a new printer profile, and the iStudio calibration printouts looked perfect except that a swatch that should have been black was white.  A subsequent Canon test showed eight perfect color swatches, and two completely blank swatches for the two black tanks.  A surprisingly light session with head-cleaning cleared it up.  But I would have never guessed anything like this.  It happened at the end of a gratifyingly long period of NO clogged jets.

Sorry...  :-}

Your printer should have come with printer profiles bundled with its driver software.  These should be selectable from some option of your printer's  dialog window (likely labeled something like "Color Management".  To "generate a printer profile,' you need color-calibration hardware such as xRite's i1Studio.  This will allow you to create custom profiles specific to your individual printer as well as any special brands or types of paper that you regularly use.  These will allow you to fine-tune the color-reproduction accuracy of your printer.

In this particular case, simply running the printer driver's test print option would have revealed the problem, except that the symptoms were quite atypical for clogged jets.  The custom profiles actually had nothing to do with the issue.