You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Removing objects from a picture

• Staff

Hi Vanjan,

Welcome to the Forums :)

There are a variety of ways to remove an object from a picture in Affinity. I have included some tutorials going over some of the different methods below :)

Inpainting Tool: 

Cutting Out: 

( It is worth noting that once you have your selection you can also press the delete key to remove what is inside of it)

I hope this helps :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

Hi Vanjan,

The In Painting tool and the Paint brush are two separate tools. Please can you make sure you are using the Inpainting tool it can be accessed by holding left click on the Healing Brush tool. Could you also please make sure your Layer is Rasterised by right clicking it in the Layers Tab and choosing Rasterise.

C

post-12469-0-37648000-1443868837_thumb.png

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I'm new to Affinity and am having difficulty with the inpainting function. My difficulty is that I can't find it. All of the videos and instructions point to a "healing" or "inpainting" tool--I can't find any such tool icon, nor is it in the help files that I can see. Any direction would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Hi MEB, thanks for the prompt response. I apologize for being slow to catch this, but I don't see any "Healing Brush" tool at all. In fact, none of the tools show options when selected, except at the top of the window. When I do a help search for "healing" nothing appears. I have version 1.3.5. Thanks for your help!

Hi Oval, thank you for your help. I tried this and it works with two tools, the shape and the artistic tool, but it doesn't work with any others, and there's still no inpainting brush tool.

For the staff who may be reading this, I'm puzzled and getting frustrated at this point. Why does the application not look like the instructional videos, and where is the inpainting brush tool? It shouldn't be this hard to find. Your assistance is very much appreciated. Thanks!

That sounds like you are discussing Affinity Designer, which does´t have all these options indeed. The Inpainting tool is part of Affinity Photo...

You can spot all tools with some more options added to them. They are showing with a little triangle bottom right in it, but to make it visual, here´s a screen print of how it looks in Affinity Photo:

post-13590-0-49359900-1444986293_thumb.png