You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Windows Customer Beta - 1.9.1.979

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Fixes
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post a new thread in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback. 

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Changes

• Fixed Develop Shadows and Highlights rendering slightly different to software (was causing sporadic artefacts on certain hardware)
  • Fixed placed PDFs scaling incorrectly

Previous release notes

Good day.

My topic about problems with the mix brush went into archive pre 1.9. The problem was in 1.7 then in 1.8. For 1.9, I cannot create a theme as it will be a duplicate.

The topic went into the archive, but the problem remains relevant.

This year I completely gave up Photoshop. The mix brush ignores the Shift key if an empty color is selected.

As a result, there are big problems when retouching metal surfaces. I am very upset that version 1.xx is coming to version 2.xx and the tool does not work as expected.

The problem with resetting the color setting, when changing the layer, also remains not reshonic (for empty colors). Every time I move from layer to layer, I continue to re-adjust the brush fills. This is very painful. I want to remind you of these problems again. It is very important for me. For me, the mix brush is one of the main tools of work and I hope to see my problem with a note in each version (fixed).

Here is a topic in which I talk more about the problems.

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

1 hour ago, Max N said:

My topic about problems with the mix brush went into archive pre 1.9. The problem was in 1.7 then in 1.8. For 1.9, I cannot create a theme as it will be a duplicate.

The topic went into the archive, but the problem remains relevant.

I'm curious whether you ever actually reported it as a bug (i.e., in the Bugs forum) rather than merely a comment on a beta. Technically the beta forums are only for discussion of new problems introduced by the beta, or for issues with the new functions introduced in the beta. Bugs in basic processing in the retail versions are supposed to be reported in the Bugs forum, instead, I think.

(I'm also curious whether comments on a beta that are not related to new beta functions are actually carried over into the bug tracking system, as bugs reported in the Bugs forum would be. Perhaps someone from Serif could comment on that? That's one aspecf of problem reporting here that I'm uncertain about.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff
13 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

I'm curious whether you ever actually reported it as a bug

It is "tagged" afp-3111 which means at least one of the things mentioned has a bugs database reference. I have updated the affects version (again).

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

7 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

It is "tagged" afp-3111 which means at least one of the things mentioned has a bugs database reference. I have updated the affects version (again).

Thanks. I know from the earlier thread referenced above that 3 (I think) items were mentioned, and (at least) one was possibly logged. But it wasn't clear what happened to the others.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• Staff
10 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

But it wasn't clear what happened to the others

agreed

1 hour ago, Max N said:

The mix brush ignores the Shift key if an empty color is selected.

this is the one in the database

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

10 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

agreed

this is the one in the database

As I understand it, these errors are not registered?

Windows 11 64-bit,

I have an idea to record a lesson on frequency decomposition (retouching leather, metal, fabric options). But if you record now, you will have to show the program with bugs, and I will not be able to show some of the tricks at all to AP, because for this you need a shift, at the moment they will only work in Phhotoshop. Of course, I can record at work in Photoshop and insert a video into the lesson, with the words "this will work in AP when the brush is repaired" but it will be strange to say the least. I would like to inspire love for the program in my videos, and not scare away with bugs.

Windows 11 64-bit,

4 hours ago, Max N said:

As I understand it, these errors are not registered?

According to that post, the second was logged. And if it hasn't been fixed yet, it's a simple change for the user to make in Preferences, Keyboard Shortcuts.

-- Walt
PC:

Hi @Patrick Connor.

So I downloaded the beta, but what comes next is really a joke. What Windows must be from 2020 or newer and what a modern GPU is required to activate Open-CL.
System runs on Windwos 21H1 and graphics card was bought new at the weekend is an AMD XFX 6800xt.

So Beta not to use if you have an AMD graphics card.

Too bad what after 4 weeks the problem still exists, and even with Open-CL turned off the program runs anything but stable.

How do I get the old version 1.8, which I can work at all?

Thank you

Grafikkarte wird nicht unterstützt.jpg

• 2 weeks later...