You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Items move when grouped after copying artboard

Designer 1.9.1.971, Windows 10

I'm having problems with grouping, as follows.

I have a single Artboard containing multiple entities.
I clipcopy and paste the Artboard and drag the pasted copy to the left of the original.
I group the entities on the copy via the Move tool - no apparent problem.

If, however, I drag the copied Artboard to either the right of or below the original and then group the objects as before, the group distorts.

NOTE: This only happens when the entities are selected using the Move tool. Selecting them from the Layers panel seems OK.

• 2 years later...
  • Staff

The issue "Objects move unexpectedly when grouped" (REF: AFD-2602) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.2.0.1857".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.