You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adjust input value in character panel using the arrow keys

I might have not have been very precise when writing the initial post. It works here too, not in a sense that is expected. I can adjust the input values but the doesn't change the selected text. I have to confirm or accept the value, by tabbing away from the input value. I would expect that using the arrow keys or little arrow buttons would adjust the text in real time like when you use the dialog window with the mouse.

There’s nothing in your video which is immediately indicative of the source of the problem to me but I notice that the size of the character does change a little bit once the focus leaves the text field.
I did notice that your font variant (Style) is set to “normal” which isn’t an Arial variant that I’ve come across but that could just be a language translation thing, or something else which isn’t relevant.
Would you be able to share a document so we can be sure we are working on exactly the same thing?

Thanks for the file.
I tried using the arrow keys to change the size of the “X” – in both the Context Toolbar and the Character Panel – and it worked fine for me.
Since Old Bruce earlier said that it is working fine for them also then it doesn’t seem to be an OS-specific issue.
I don’t know what else to suggest.
Maybe you have some kind of ‘accessibility’ option switched on, perhaps, but I’m clutching at straws now.

6 hours ago, GarryP said:

Since Old Bruce earlier said that it is working fine for them also then it doesn’t seem to be an OS-specific issue.

That was then, this is now. I have to hit enter, tab or return in order to get the change applied to the letter. In other words it is not previewed in the selected letter. I do believe it is down to me misunderstanding what was wanted, I can change the size of the font using the arrow keys but I do not see that previewed as you show in your screen grab.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

It is weird because it works with other input fields, like color and guides manager etc. It is as if when using the arrow keys to change character related values, the input field "loose selection". Where if you do the same thing with other input fields, the active input keeps the selection and therefore changes the value... 

Given Old Bruce’s latest post it seems like this might be an OS-related issue after all.
However, I don’t know whether being able to preview the change while using the arrows to change the font size is expected behaviour or not. In other words, the behaviour in Windows may or may not be the way it’s supposed to work.
I think this needs to be reported as a Mac-version bug – with a link to this thread – and we can let the staff decide whether something is actually ‘wrong’ or not, otherwise we’re just guessing.