You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Renaming Text Style > Table Format Not Updated

Hi there,

I don’t know if that has been reported already, but when you select a text style here (1), and rename the style afterwards, the change isn’t reflected in (1). In other words, the connection to the style is lost, and the table gets the default text style, when the table style is applied.

Thank you for having a look. 😀

Alex

Table-Format.thumb.png.a39f867d333f9bd74a96032743484998.png

• 2 months later...

Hi,

what is the latest beta? I guess you mean the App Store version (1.9.3), correct? If so, here is a rather self-explanatory video that should demonstrate the problem.

• First, I create a paragraph style from cell contents.
  • Secondly, I create a table style and apply the paragraph style to all cells of the table. You can see that no style is selected in the “Edit Table Format” dialog, because the style is not yet applied to all table cells. Which is right, in this case.
  • After closing the dialog, I change the name of the text style in the “Text Styles” panel.
  • Then I reapply the table style to the table.
  • Result: All text formatting is lost, and when I reopen the “Edit Table Format” dialog, no style is selected again. Which is wrong. Rather, the created paragraph style should be selected there and appear under its new name.

Hope you can reproduce that. 🙂

Alex

1 hour ago, A_B_C said:

Hope you can reproduce that. 

Hi @A_B_C,

That's not how table styles work.

See below. I hope it's self explanatory.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

I’m sorry, I don’t understand, Seneca. I am well aware that I can selectively apply paragraph styles to particular cells, but that doesn’t invalidate my observation. What you missed to test in your video is using the Text Styles Panel to rename the style you applied to certain cells of your table. Try this, and you will see that your paragraph style assignments saved with the table format are lost. I hope it’s clear what I am after. 🙂

4 hours ago, A_B_C said:

I hope it’s clear what I am after.

Hello @A_B_C,

You are absolutely right. I completely missed your initial report. Renaming a Paragraph Style is not reflected in Table Styles and in fact completely disappears from the Text Style list.

Funny enough I keep a list of bugs for Publisher and this has been on my list for a long time. So I should have spotted that straight away. This is a long standing bug.

2017 27” iMac 4.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • Radeon Pr 580 8GB • 64GB • Ventura 13.6.4.

iPad Pro (10.5-inch) • 256GB • Version 16.4

Hi @A_B_C I Asked about the latest Beta as this thread is a Publisher beta thread from a while ago so it may be better in the next beta.

I've just tried to recreate the issue using the current Release build 1.9.3 and I get something different to you. It reverts to Table Body and my two styles - Red Column Header and Blue Column Header 1 are both there and can be selected.

Renaming-text-styles.png

Thank you for checking this out. It’s different here, but either result seems to be undesirable. To my mind, the table format should be automatically updated when you change the name of a paragraph style, not lose the connection to the style. 🙂

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.