You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Take settings of an existing Objekt an then draw

Hello,

how can I take the settings of an existing Objekt and the draw a new one with the same settings? I searched the help and the forum and tried some things but I found nothing. I've createt some wires with colour linewidth and 3D settings an after drawing some other objects I want to draw a furthe wire with the penultimate settings how can I grap them bevor I start drawing?

Thank you for your answer.

Rainer

thank you, but that's not what I wanted to do. I want to "load" settings of an existing Objekt into f. e. the Pen-tool to draw a further Object with the same settings.

With symbols i kan create only the same form with the same settings AND the same form as the Object I've made the symbol from.

Isn'T there any way to copy settings into the tool before using ist. After creating an object, I can take the settings fron another one by choosing it, press Crtl-C and then choose the target object and press Crtl-Shift-V.

Just now, RainerH said:

thank you, but that's not what I wanted to do. I want to "load" settings of an existing Objekt into f. e. the Pen-tool to draw a further Object with the same settings.

You could select the object then use the oddly shaped icon to set the settings as default.

1103632172_ScreenShot2021-02-23at7_08_41AM.png.ea71e104270167c7418b3cb27d78b07f.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Just now, RainerH said:

In that case see what Old Bruce suggested above! - Other than that, there are so far only some copy/paste options for taking styles and effects over to other objects.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Thank you, that's nearly what I want but not exactly. The first time I tried to make the small black wire to default, it worked (but the 3D effect wasn't on the new object). When I tried then to draw another red wire it does not work. I think the basic settings were now taken because there was only a thin black line.

Please have a look to the attached file, then you will understand what I mean.

Relais.afdesign

If you select a black or red existing wire and perform a copy, you can afterwards apply a paste style/effect to the new drawn line object. So the whole is a "copy"/"paste effect | style" procedure (see the top Edit menu entries). - Aka "Bearbeiten > Kopieren" and then "Bearbeiten > Stil/Effekt übertragen".

wires.jpg.731afa8268dbb96f979acdbf12f2085f.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Select the object you want to copy the style from and then go to the Styles panel and choose "Add Style from Selection".

Repeat for all other objects

Then you just apply the Style to whatever curve/line you want

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Thank you carl123, that's a good method. I've tried it and it works good for me.

Please can someone have a look to the publisher file I've attached in my post above old bruce's post. Why can I not create styles from some of the wires (f.e. the thick red and the green bottom left below the relays)

It's a Designer file and on the Mac I can create styles out of both of those, though as styles it doen't take their whole FX look over.

I can create styles with the red, green, fine gray and copper wires, but if I want to create a style with the big black, I can't add it to the others, I have to create it in another category. I can however add other styles in the previous category...