You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Periodically I cannot get the text to fill all the way to a margin. It is as if a "phanton" image or object is in the space. No cutting and pasting, back spacing, etc. will cure the problem. I attempt to highlight and delete any unseen space holders. What is going on? How do I fix this?

Help will be much appreciated. Thanks!

2021-02-22_10-08-10.png

Either the Text Frame or the Paragraph Style has an offset for the right side.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Given what I can see, I don’t think the Text Frame will have an Offset as the words “TERRIER”, “Fox Hound” and maybe “Jung” would probably have to also take that into account.
If the Paragraph Style has an Offset then that might be the cause if the paragraph containing the line ending in “Fox Hound” was formatting without that Style, otherwise it would be ‘restricted’ too.
Worth checking, but it seems unlikely to me.

It looks to me that there could be an empty layer to the right of the text which has some Text Wrap applied. That layer may be on a master page.

If none of these is the case then we might need a (cut-down) copy of the document to do some experimenting.

I am just guessing here but The first Paragraph "The Fox Hou...  ....modern English Fox Hound." Would be set up with a 0 (zero) left indent and a large (-ish) right indent with a 0 last line indent.

984190607_ScreenShot2021-02-23at10_58_05AM.png.c7e2cbfb1479bfe99371118a4d2e38f9.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.