You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is There Direct Selection?

I have a document (ipad Designer) with numerous groups and layers). When working with the doc, I see objects that I want to edit, but with the MOVE or NODE tool active, I cannot tap the object and make it active. It’s very frustrating because I have to drill through all the layers/groups to activate it through the Layer pane. There’s got to be a way to activate it through a direct selection. Am I missing something?  Thanks

Hello. I assume you’re double tapping the objects you want?

Also you may have to double tap them a few times in order to drill down through the layers and groups. The app can’t guess what you’re after so it starts at the top and works down.

It can seem like nothing is happening when zoomed in because you don’t see the selection box of the bigger object. Try zooming out if it seems nothing is selecting.

(There is also a ‘select inside’ and ‘select under" in the context bar  - the thing that pops up middle bottom of the screen. I’ve not had to use these settings myself so I’m not sure they’ll help though I suspect it’s what they’re for.  I intend to have a play some time.)

Hope this helps.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.