You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

where can I find the add noise feature on the layer fx?

Hum, yeah. If swatches was accessible from the colour overlay context menu, then I think you’d be able to do it. (Another thing I need to feedback to Serif).

You set the noise on a colour in the colour studio.

But you then can’t grab that into the colour overlay.. that I’ve found.

So I suggest (getting creative here) you:

1. Create a neutral grey colour in the colours studio with noise
  2. Fill a layer with an object with the colour (or fill a pixel layer with it, I tend to be 100% vector in Designer. I’ve not done any of this.. just thinking top of my head here)
  3. Set the layer to a suitable setting other than Normal so you get the noise effect without changing your colours too much
  4. Then add your colour overlay

Of course you could not bother with the colour overlay at all, and use something other than grey.

Have a play, hope I’ve helped.

Edit: You might need to mask your grey noise layer. Lot’s of creative possibilities here.. hummm... pasting inside too 💡

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.

• 6 months later...