You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Windows Customer Beta - 1.9.1.971

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Fixes
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post a new thread in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback. 

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Changes

• Fixed failure to Save As after opening a read only document

Previous release notes

Hello Team

Download was fine, good speed and no interruption at all.
install was fine too.

Now the only way to test if it is better than previous to start a project and see if there issues or not.
Thanks for your hard work.

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

@Mark Ingram

Thanks for this build, the issue i had with assets on previous build is gone and i was able to compose 2 designs and things went okay except I had the impression of few lags and some latency.
Nothing to worry too much about but it appeared to me that exporting is 2 or 3 times much slower than saving the same file which never happened to me before.
I hope there is an explanation for that or simply next build will fix it.

Also, 3D and bevel + Emboss works much better and seem to not be to strong on applying to objects (ie: texts)
... Please provide us with a fully featured 3D studio in Designer so we can design much much better including compositions of many nature.

Thanks for your great job on this build.

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

The Current Beta of Designer, 1.9.1.971 starts up and shows me that there is a new Beta avaiable, but where is ist to find? A click on Download brings me to the Beta Forum, but there is no Thread with a new Beta to see....

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

• Staff
12 minutes ago, Uwe367 said:

The Current Beta of Designer, 1.9.1.971 starts up and shows me that there is a new Beta avaiable, but where is ist to find? A click on Download brings me to the Beta Forum, but there is no Thread with a new Beta to see..

Thanks, it is not meant to be any announcement in 1.9.1.971 on auto-update, No more recent beta exists, sorry

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

19 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

Thanks, it is not meant to be any announcement in 1.9.1.971 on auto-update, No more recent beta exists, sorry

That`s what i tought and that it is a bug that it is shown.

Have a nice day.
Ich wünsche einen schönen Tag.

• Staff

Hi Paul,

Thanks - I can reproduce that here - it looks like the Vector Brush is wanting a single colour rather than a gradient, so it keeps trying to select the white for some reason. If you select the Gradient Tool once you've drawn the object you should be able to apply the gradient without the flickering. I'll get it passed on over.