You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Master pages rendering issue

I have noticed a similar problem. I created a short book in version 1.9.0 (the Mac version, purchased from Serif) and have had NO problems with page display. However, when I open this same document, any and all elements added from a Master Page appear only momentarily (less than 1 second) and then disappear. This includes text which flows across multiple pages, within text frames added to the Master but text added to the page itself. Any page elements added to these pages directly (for instance, pictures and their captions) display without any problem.

If I quit the Beta and re-open the file in the retail version, no such problems are noted. Additionally, if I open the file in the Beta and export a PDF, that PDF seems to be fine even though the Master Page items cannot be seen within the application except momentarily.

I am on a 2019 iMac and MacOS Catalina. Turning Metal on or off does not seem to change this display issue.

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

This is already logged so should be fixed in a new beta - for me its anything over 468% - but I gather it's different on differing machines.

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.