You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adapt for iPad Air 4 10.9 inch display

Unbinilium

Hello, since the 1.9.0 update for Affinity Designer 2 weeks ago, I found that the designer seems not adapted for the new iPad Air 4 screen resolution, I could see the black board left and right hand every screenshots like this:

W7wLcZjM2yq3nVa.jpg

The iPad Pro 11 screen resolution is 2388 x 1668 and the Air 10.9 is 2360 x 1640, so any plan for adapting? Sincerely hope it can be fixed in next update, thanks!

Edited by Unbinilium

• Staff

Hi Unbinilium,

Does this show up on the screenshots, or is it visible on the actual device itself? Are you able to attach a screenshot from the iPad showing the entire screen (please do not drop it), and also if you can get a photo of it on the actual device as well. 

Unfortunately I don't currently have access to an Air 4.

26 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Hi Unbinilium,

Does this show up on the screenshots, or is it visible on the actual device itself? Are you able to attach a screenshot from the iPad showing the entire screen (please do not drop it), and also if you can get a photo of it on the actual device as well. 

It show up on the screenshots like this:

kQJ58suYNpxOIPL.png

o3TPjQaikvqGAr9.png

And it also visible on the actual device itself, both left and right side:

jC5lcVZGmzWt2qM.jpg

If it is need, I could help for test (TestFlight).

• Staff

Thanks for that! I'll pass it over to development to look into sorting that.

We do put beta releases onto Test Flight which you can sign up to below. These run alongside the main application, however please be aware they do stop working 90 days after the last upload (as per TestFlight) so please be aware of this when working on files.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, this issue still troubles me a lot, any plan to fix it?

On 2/22/2021 at 8:58 PM, Sean P said:

Hi Unbinilium,