You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Vector Brush Tool Regular Line

In affinity designer when using the vector brush tool how do I switch it back to regular solid line after using a textured brush. I did some painting with an acrylic brush but now I want to add an outline with just a regular line but when I try to select solid line style, it just switches back to textured line style. I went through all the brushes and can't find one that just the regular solid line either. When I got into properties I try hitting reset or switching size and opacity variance to 0 but it doesn't do anything. 

10 hours ago, dobiegerl said:

In affinity designer when using the vector brush tool how do I switch it back to regular solid line after using a textured brush. I did some painting with an acrylic brush but now I want to add an outline with just a regular line but when I try to select solid line style, it just switches back to textured line style. I went through all the brushes and can't find one that just the regular solid line either. When I got into properties I try hitting reset or switching size and opacity variance to 0 but it doesn't do anything. 

The only way I've found to get back to the regular, solid (vector) line using the brush tool was to close and re-open Affinity Designer.

When I want to work with uniform, solid, vector hand drawn lines I resort to the pencil tool instead of the brush. While it has it's own set of issues (it still won't auto close a shape, you can vary the width in a single line, etc) I've found it to be easier/more reliable to work with than the brush tool.

On 2/22/2021 at 3:19 AM, Bryan Rieger said:

The only way I've found to get back to the regular, solid (vector) line using the brush tool was to close and re-open Affinity Designer.

When I want to work with uniform, solid, vector hand drawn lines I resort to the pencil tool instead of the brush. While it has it's own set of issues (it still won't auto close a shape, you can vary the width in a single line, etc) I've found it to be easier/more reliable to work with than the brush tool.

That sounds very irritating. I really hope this gets fixed.