You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cursor position with ligatures in app login dialog

ygoe

Imagine you have an e-mail address that happens to contain the word "affinity". Now enter that e-mail address in the new app registration dialogue and place the cursor at the beginning. Now slowly move to the right with the arrow key. The cursor won't go in the middle of the letters "ffi" but you'll still have to press the right key three times. Looks like the rendering of the input field has some trouble with ligatures.

BTW, that dialogue window isn't password manager friendly. I use KeePass global autotype. When I select the credentials to use, it puts itself in the background and the app window to type into becomes the foreground window again. But now the input field lost its keyboard focus, so the typing goes nowhere. If I quickly click into the text field, it still types something into it, but missed the beginning. I had to complete that manually. (And no, I don't know my password, I have a password manager for that.)

Designer 1.9.0 on Windows 10 2004.

• Staff

Hi @ygoe,

Imagine you have an e-mail address that happens to contain the word "affinity". Now enter that e-mail address in the new app registration dialogue and place the cursor at the beginning. Now slowly move to the right with the arrow key. The cursor won't go in the middle of the letters "ffi" but you'll still have to press the right key three times. Looks like the rendering of the input field has some trouble with ligatures.

Thanks for reporting this. I can reproduce that here and have reported it to our development team. I've also raised the issue regarding keepass autotype.

Thanks again

• 1 month later...