You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Master Page content goes blank while scaling

Hi there,

in my latest beta build (1.9.1.967) when i scale the page up, at ~ 300%, the master page content goes away.
No problems with export, or so.

Yes that content goes away, if i hide elements behind the master page content they reappear when zoomed in.

I can reproduce that by creating a new document, put rectangle/text/images/... on the master page, apply that master page to an empty page.
Then scale that page up.

Turning off and on GPU acceleration doesn´t change that behavior.

I have an tablet connected with no screen (XP-Pen G640), my Win10 considers itself completely up to date.
cpu: 4790K gpu: GTX970 (Driver: 461.70) 32GB RAM

That issue doesn´t appear in the non-beta release.
And i added an example file which shows that error on my machine.

can someone else see that bug?
Or is there even a (new) setting which hides master page content when scaled up?^^

MasterPageBlank.afpub

• Staff

@Gmit& @Luciano DigitalDesign

Thank you both for your report of this regression over 1.9.0. This was first reported last week and we think it was fixed yesterday. The fix should be included in any future builds. I understand it happens when a master page object overlaps the master page bleed area.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Here it disappears when you get to "Pixel size" (Ctrl-9).

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

19 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

understand it happens when a master page object overlaps the master page bleed area.

Cheer's Patrick - look forward to next beta, although, for me it's effecting all master page items regardless of where they sit on the page 👍

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

• Staff

I think I misunderstood the problem, but yes it seems fixed

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.