You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I appreciate much how easy it is to create my own brushes and I am trying to create a collection of Texture Intensity Brushes to be used with my illustrations. What I am trying to achieve is "dirty" outlines. I don't like my drawings to be too clean and smooth.

I am slowly getting there but I wonder why I cannot set these brushes to be tapered off in both ends like the solid brushes? Is there any reason for it or will it be added?

I'll attach two screenies which may help to explain...

post-18585-0-10006800-1443783786_thumb.png

post-18585-0-55319300-1443783787_thumb.png

In Solid Brushes whilst you're modifying pressure slider, AD assigns a sort of "preset" curve to the selected path.

By the way it's only a preview thing because input pressure always wins over profile.

I think they left this pressure profile curve intentionally flat for Intensity Brushes.

It makes sense because for textured stuff I want to see my texture in preview.

Anyway you can easily replicate it to override pen pressure input, but only after you've done your strokes.

tapererEnds.png

For what I know 'til now, no "post-stroke" tapering is applied... All the brushes I use respond to pen pressure only.

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers