You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Warp tool for use with selections

Hello I am new here so please do forgive me if I am asking a silly question or in the wrong place.

I have been using Photoshop CS5 for many years but am now trying out Affinity photo which I wish to buy. I am struggling with a few differences and one in particular has me perplexed and frustrated.

I use CS5 to edit old pictures and patterns into fretwork designs {for cutting out in wood) In CS5 for curves I simply draw a round selection around the part then using Transform selection select the warp tool to alter the

selection to match the object before using the paint brush to  tidy the edges, then I invert the selection to do the other side. I hope I have described it so folk know what I am 'harping' on about.

My problem is that I can't find a way to do this in Affinity photo, i.e. no warp selection tools Have I missed something or am I trying to find something that does not exist?

I have added a picture of one such design to help explain what I mean. I have already edited this one in CS5 but added the selection to indicate the issue.

fret1.JPG