You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Join Curves is grayed out with 2 open objects selected

In AD 1.9.1.3 if I:

1 draw a line using the pen tool

2 press esc

3 draw another line again using the pen tool

4 click on the node tool (or press A)

5 hold down shift and click on the first line to add it to the selection, so both lines are selected

This results in the Join Curves icon to be grayed out, seeing as two open objects are selected it should not be grayed out. 

Also, a possibly related issue:

6 at this point both lines are selected but if I press the delete key only one line is deleted.  I would expect both selected objects to be deleted.  This part of the issue I have seen in the released version 1.9.0 also.

A video is attached.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

16 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

I think this is down to you having one node selected.

That's an idea I hadn't considered.  In 1.9.0 that node is still selected but that doesn't affect the grayed condition.  I don't remember seeing the issue in earlier versions.  So I guess the question is should that affect it or not.  It logically does make sense to have it this way.  In some operations it might be handy to have the one node stay selected when switching from pen to node tool.  That explains the deleting issue also.

Good thinking Bruce.  Thanks.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.