You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Scale panel to bigger size

It would be great that we can scale size of panels with text to be larger for us with sight problems. As a Windows 10 user I can set in Display settings to have larger text and panels but that usually mess up everything else like icons on desktop, they take all desktop space..Is there any hope in future that Affinity Team add this feature? Sorry for my English

Several years of requests and complaints about tiny icons and minuscule fonts have not brought any fixes for the deficiencies in the Affinity user interface. The problem continues to worsen as users age and as more people work on high definition monitors. Of the several dozen programs I use, including photo editors that compete with APhoto, only the Affinity apps impose severe readability problems on its users.

As you have found, using Settings/System/Display to scale the entire display is fraught with problems and not recommended. Settings/Ease of Access can by more helpful, but it will not change the size of icons, nor the size of text in the panels. Other text problems can be improved, however.

For more information, including links to past discussions and partial solution, see my posts at

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/135052-tool-icon-size—need-to-enlarge/&do=findComment&comment=745313

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/74923-changing-affinity-photo-user-interface-font-size-in-windows-10/&tab=comments#comment-430003

(I'm surprised no one else responded to your post for three days.)

Affinity Photo 2.4.2 (MSI) and 1.10.6; Affinity Publisher 2.4.2 (MSI) and 1.10.6. Windows 10 Home x64 version 22H2.
Dell XPS 8940, 16 GB Ram, Intel Core i7-11700K @ 3.60 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2021 at 4:36 PM, Granddaddy said:

Several years of requests and complaints about tiny icons and minuscule fonts have not brought any fixes for the deficiencies in the Affinity user interface. The problem continues to worsen as users age and as more people work on high definition monitors. Of the several dozen programs I use, including photo editors that compete with APhoto, only the Affinity apps impose severe readability problems on its users.

As you have found, using Settings/System/Display to scale the entire display is fraught with problems and not recommended. Settings/Ease of Access can by more helpful, but it will not change the size of icons, nor the size of text in the panels. Other text problems can be improved, however.

For more information, including links to past discussions and partial solution, see my posts at

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/135052-tool-icon-size—need-to-enlarge/&do=findComment&comment=745313

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/74923-changing-affinity-photo-user-interface-font-size-in-windows-10/&tab=comments#comment-430003

(I'm surprised no one else responded to your post for three days.)

Thank you for your respond, it is really strange that they did not reconsider our requests, it would so much easer to work in Affinity