You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Issues since 1.9 (mac)

Hi,

Since updating to 1.9 on my iMac I've noticed two frustrating issues so far and hope you can help:

1) Image processing in Raw persona is suddenly now noticeable laggy. Basic stuff like clarity, shadows/highlights etc take some time to show on screen when adjusting the slider. Rendering on screen is partial, blocky and slow which means that if I move the slider too often its impossible to tell which stage is being reflected infront of me. This seems less of a problem when moving to the Photo persona. Hardware acceleration is enabled.

2) In the Photo persona the adjustment panel on the right now no longer opens the relevant adjustment tool when double clicking an adjustment. This is now only possible through the much slower process of accessing the menu bar at the top of the screen and scrolling through to the adjustment I wish to change. Can this be returned to normal functionality as it significantly slows workflow?

Thanks,

John.

Can't really help with (1) but I would suggest updating to 1.9.1 if you haven't already done so. It was released a couple of days ago.

(2) is a deliberate change on the part of Serif and you're not the first to remark on it. Clicking the Default preset in any of the adjustments panels brings up the sliders. You can also click the Adjustment button in the Layers panel:

631405974_Screenshot2021-02-26at11_11_08.png.6df1c143c464835701cc0cdcdc60c874.png

which is marginally quicker than going to the main menu bar.

Cheers,

H

Edited by h_d
Added screen grab.

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

On 2/20/2021 at 10:55 AM, Amosjl said:

Hi,

Since updating to 1.9 on my iMac I've noticed two frustrating issues so far and hope you can help:

1) Image processing in Raw persona is suddenly now noticeable laggy. Basic stuff like clarity, shadows/highlights etc take some time to show on screen when adjusting the slider. Rendering on screen is partial, blocky and slow which means that if I move the slider too often its impossible to tell which stage is being reflected infront of me. This seems less of a problem when moving to the Photo persona. Hardware acceleration is enabled.

2) In the Photo persona the adjustment panel on the right now no longer opens the relevant adjustment tool when double clicking an adjustment. This is now only possible through the much slower process of accessing the menu bar at the top of the screen and scrolling through to the adjustment I wish to change. Can this be returned to normal functionality as it significantly slows workflow?

Thanks,

John.

Hi,

Have the same problem with the adjustment panel, sometimes the tool will open when I doubleclick on an other predefined adjustment. It indeed is slowing down the workflow.

Anybody know a solution for this. I work on a 2020  Imac 27, I7, 40gb memory, Affinity Photo 1.9.1

Thanks,

Jan

Thanks folks for trying.

Updated to 1.9.1 but minimal change. In Raw persona changes to the file using sliders still have a noticeable lag before replicating on screen. The bottom inch or so catches up first across the whole lower strip of the image, followed by top left and top right in larger blocks for the other two halves of any photo I’m working on. It takes about a second or so for each section to catch up across the whole image so really slows things up. I haven’t carried out any other changes yo my system other than updating the app so this is not a local performance issue.

Screen recording below as extreme example. Can any Affinity staff throw light on this?

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, Amosjl said:

Just a note as requested by Affinity’s recent post regarding delays in responses that this issue is still unresolved.

Note that Patrick's post requested that you create a new topic and point to the old one, not that you update the old topic.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1