Sign in to follow this  
Signguy

AD and AD Beta not opening files when searching

I have upgraded to OS X El Capitan and when I try to open an AD file and select my folder in the panel, I can see all of my files just fine.  However, when I try to search for a file by name the following happens:

1. The open dialog defaults to "This Mac" instead of the selected folder - I have checked the settings in Finder and it is properly configured to Search the Current Folder when using search.  I would think that this would become the default for all searches.  It's not really an issue to select the folder heading at the top of the window to change the search folder.

2. When I do select my current folder, ALL of the affinity files get greyed out and do not allow me to select them to open them.

Is this a bug in Affinity or in El Capitan?

post-4966-0-36959100-1443729656_thumb.png

Hi Signguy

Im getting this in other apps also, even Apples own ones, so I think this is more the OS side as we call the window from the OS

I'm not seeing the greyed out files though, is it just affinity files this occurs with?

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

I have tried this with native applications like Pages and Numbers and the open / search windows behave normally.  It is only the Affinity window that I am experiencing this issue with.  Sometimes I also get previous search queries that remain in the window and then I am unable to search for anything. (Please see photo below)  The only thing I can do is close Affinity and reopen it to remove the goofy text issue.  

Because I can not use the search query as I would like, It is impossible for me to use it.  

I have reverted back to Yosemite on my production computer because of this issue but I do have a 2015 MacBook Pro that is running El Capitan and it also has been experiencing the same exact issues.  

post-4966-0-49748400-1443793952_thumb.png

Hi Signguy

Im getting this in other apps also, even Apples own ones, so I think this is more the OS side as we call the window from the OS

I'm not seeing the greyed out files though, is it just affinity files this occurs with?

If you call the window from the OS and you are also seeing this issue, is there some way to report the issue to Apple as a developer?  As a user, the only thing I can do is get on their blog but they never have any interaction like the folks at Serif Labs do.  

It seems quite ironic that Apple would put so much time in their search features with 10.11 El Capitan but break a simple open window dialog and not catch it during the beta period.

This issue is still not fixed with the latest Apple update 10.11.1   

Has anyone else experienced this?  Try to open a file in Affinity Designer using El Capitan and search for a partial file name.  The folder defaults to "My Mac" and not the current folder.  It appears that you can not search for any Affinity designer file using the search.  All affinity files become non selectable when using the search.  You can search for images(jpg,gif,etc.) however.