You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Vector Magic Desktop - OS X El Capitan

Because AD does not have the ability to create vectors from embedded graphic files yet, I decided to use Vector Magic Desktop as an alternative.  Unfortunately, I just discovered that Vector Magic Desktop does not work with El Capitan.  So, I am now forced to go back to Yosemite.  Anyone else experience this?

I haven't. So I'm adopting the if it ain't broke: don't fix it approach; that is to stick with Yosemite for the next 6-12 months. Too many niggles. If I wanted to have headache after headache, I would have stuck with MS Windows...Dot Net Framework, anyone?

PS

The way that Affinity staff and users are saying how good Vector Magic is, will probably lead to some sort of mutually agreeable deal in the future. ;)

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

• 4 weeks later...

I fixed the crash by replacing the updated dylib with one from Yosemite.

The path is shown in the crash log. Make a backup, then copy it from Yosemite over the El Capitan one.

Full instructions, and a download link to the dylib if you can't get one yourself are available here, so that I can keep the instructions updated:

https://georgegarside.com/blog/osx/vector-magic-crash-el-capitan/

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for providing alternative directions without having to disable SIP.  Unfortunately, there are still a few issues with El Capitan and Affinity Designer (unable to search for file names in file open dialog) that prevented me from upgrading.  So I'll stick with Peter's approach and continue to use Yosemite until these issues get resolved.  

• 1 month later...