You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to fully uninstall Publisher?

hey all - 

I've been having a ton of issues with Publisher lately (here's one) and I'm trying to completely uninstall and then do a clean install after. When I uninstall it seems complete (I'm on Windows and the Publisher folder at C:\Program Files\Affinity is gone)  but when I reinstall, Publisher comes back with all my presents and the recent file list. 

So, beyond ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS, what else needs to be done to get a completely clean install?

thanks!
Tony

C:\Users\<your-username>\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Publisher\1.0

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You're welcome.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

• 10 months later...

Hi Walt

I am having trouble with the dialogue box associated with downloading pictures. I have asked on the general site but no answers of use. I thought the best option would be to delete the AfPub from my Mac and reinstall. That is why I am on this set of questions. Below is a pics of the problem.

Designer and photo allow for 17 files to be viewed or whatever number but for some reason the Publisher window only shows three files which is a real pain. I have tried everything to correct the situation. The last resort is delete AfPub and reinstall. I have a copy of the AfPub on a second computer and I just checked it is fine see AfPub screen.

You have given me good advice before so if you are able to reply I would be very greatful

cheers

Adrian

All three programs.png

AfPub screen.png

1 hour ago, boorowaboy said:

I am having trouble with the dialogue box associated with downloading pictures.

What do you mean with "downloading" / in what way is your folder "01 Artwork items" related to a download? – In your screnshot it looks you want to Place a file, right?

1 hour ago, boorowaboy said:

for some reason the Publisher window only shows three files

In your second screenshot is shows more than 3 items, right? In the first screenshot it seems you have reduced this dialog window in APub to its minimum height. If you hover over the lower edge an arrow occurs, then click-drag down to increase the window height.

960251143_dialogwindowheight1.jpg.f1fc63e1a5d3d4f0d49675770bf1ba38.jpg

Left: before / right: after dragging the lower edge:

615980390_dialogwindowheight2.thumb.jpg.c2b14477f9e2d2b09afa3e8577d0a7ef.jpg   1838366702_dialogwindowheight3.thumb.jpg.da02cc368bbddcb095a272b0f0e0a70b.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Hi Thomaso

Thanks for the images. I have done that and nothing happens. Clicking, dragging etc the box refuses to expand. Attached is the screen I photographed as the screen grab does not include the arrow. The correct language is problematic. I want to 'place' and image may be a better phrase. I want the bigger dialogue box which existed before some key combination delivered this current size.

nb I haven't reduced the window deliberately it happened a few days ago while I was working on a book project.

Any other suggestions welcomed

arrow.JPG

6 hours ago, boorowaboy said:

I thought the best option would be to delete the AfPub from my Mac and reinstall.

Or try Factory Reset - application start/launch with press Ctrl key. 

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

6 hours ago, boorowaboy said:

nothing happens. Clicking, dragging etc the box refuses to expand.

Can you move one of the left or right edge only? Also using the shift-key + dragging an edge or corner influences the way the window size gets changed. Or, if APub doen't eneable you to no move any edge, may be changing the view option (burger menu top left: list, icon, group, sort, …) does influence the issue?

I was able to reproduce this reduced-height issue: After setting this dialog to its minimum size for the screenshot in my last post, I now noticed that APub sticks to this window height and ignores my custom set window height when I opened this dialog next time. It required about 20 trials to fix it, just increasing this window's height + using the Cancel or Open button did not work: with the next 'place' action (regardless of via tool or menu command) was not saved, instead every time the window opened in this reduced height.

Finally I could fix it by increasing the window's width to full screen size. After that the next 'place' action opened this window in full width again and I was able to make any window size stick for APub's further 'place' actions as before.

24 minutes ago, thomaso said:

Can you move one of the left or right edge only? Also using the shift-key + dragging an edge or corner influences the way the window size gets changed. Or, if APub doen't eneable you to no move any edge, may be changing the view option (burger menu top left: list, icon, group, sort, …) does influence the issue?

I was able to reproduce this reduced-height issue: After setting this dialog to its minimum size for the screenshot in my last post, I now noticed that APub sticks to this window height and ignores my custom set window height when I opened this dialog next time. It required about 20 trials to fix it, just increasing this window's height + using the Cancel or Open button did not work: with the next 'place' action (regardless of via tool or menu command) was not saved, instead every time the window opened in this reduced height.

Finally I could fix it by increasing the window's width to full screen size. After that the next 'place' action opened this window in full width again and I was able to make any window size stick for APub's further 'place' actions as before.

Hi This sounds like my problem. You will have to tell me what is the (burger menu top left?) I tried the shift key but nothing expands. How did you increase the  window to full width?  Where did you set the dialogue box to minimum size?

Its 12.30am here in Canberra so I will check what you have said in the morning.

Thanks

burger menu?.png

5 hours ago, boorowaboy said:

This sounds like my problem. You will have to tell me what is the (burger menu top left?)

It is not exactly the same issue because I still was able to change the window size by dragging its edges, the common part is only that the reduced size was sticky in APub when the window was opened next time, ragardless in what size I had left this dialog before. So it is rather try & error changing any other property than size of this dialog window, but who knows, maybe any of them does help to get rid of the issue.

Sorry, it seems, different to mine your macOS doesn't show the burger menu (actually the 'list view' icon) for view options but single buttons instead – what also indicates that the appearance of this dialog window gets created not only by APub but is influenced by macOS / Finder, too.

1887834818_dialogwindowheight3Kopie.jpg.3265a25ff73e4367149e60e24cadf4aa.jpg  < >  411465250_dialogwindowheight1Kopie.jpg.fbc9fcd5d15cf7783a6a46e682178a53.jpg

Edited by thomaso

6 hours ago, thomaso said:

It is not exactly the same issue because I still was able to change the window size by dragging its edges, the common part is only that the reduced size was sticky in APub when the window was opened next time, ragardless in what size I had left this dialog before. So it is rather try & error changing any other property than size of this dialog window, but who knows, maybe any of them does help to get rid of the issue.

Sorry, it seems, different to mine your macOS doesn't show the burger menu (actually the 'list view' icon) for view options but single buttons instead – what also indicates that the appearance of this dialog window gets created not only by APub but is influenced by macOS / Finder, too.

1887834818_dialogwindowheight3Kopie.jpg.3265a25ff73e4367149e60e24cadf4aa.jpg  < >  411465250_dialogwindowheight1Kopie.jpg.fbc9fcd5d15cf7783a6a46e682178a53.jpg

At least I see what you mean by 'Burger' menu