You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.9.0 very slow copy to clipboard (freeze)

Greg Wo

Hi!

I have openCL hw acceleration disabled (other issues). I thought the app freeze forever after ctrl+c and the first few times I force closed it, but I found that it feeze for several seconds then works again and just copy vector graphics to clipboard takes many, many seconds, almost a minute...

• Staff

Hi Greg Wo,
Unfortunately we require more information - please can you refer to the text at the top of the link below when reporting issues please. 
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/71-bug-reporting/

It sounds very document specific - does it happen on a new document with a few objects? Could you attach the documents that you're getting this with please. I would also check so see if you have Windows Clipboard History (or any other clipboard utility) running, if so does turning that on resolve the issue for you?

It doesn't happen on a new document with few object. It happens on opened eps file with approx. 100 objects. Unfortunately i can't attach here document due to copyright rights. 

I am not aware about any clipboard utility, BUT I found guilty application! It's XnViewMP! The problem happens only while running XnViewMP image browser! Thanks for give me a hint!

I also encountered a similar problem. I am on the latest stable release (1.9.0.932). My specific case is copying artboards which makes the whole file freeze a good ten seconds when I press copy. Pasting is not a problem though.

Copying groups does not seem to have  problem though.

I used to copy artboards with a lot of bitmap and vector elements on previous versions. My current workflow only has vector elements, yet after updating to 1.9, copying is very slow.

I am on a Windows 10 laptop, with 64GB of RAM and Nvidia GPU.