You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Editing .ai Files

NimmDir

Hello Forum,

maybe someone here knows a solution and I just overlooked it?

I have always edited my designer's designs using Affinity Publisher.
The designs I receive are in .ai format (which hasn't caused any problems so far).
I insert the designs per page, if I want to make a change I could switch to the node tool (see picture) and double click on the image to jump into the linked file (an extra tab opened) and edit it.
Unfortunately this does not work anymore.

When I open the file via the Aff. Designer I get the normal overview of all vectors that my designer has created.

With the additional loading times and because the simplified editing no longer works, the editing takes 3 to 4 times the time I normally need.

Kind regards
 Franzi 

xx.PNG

• 2 months later...

HI @NimmDir Sorry for the delay in replying to your post. I'm not sure whether you have resolved this issue but if not here are my tips.

After you place the .ai file in your document highlight the image and select Document > Resource Manager > Embed > Then on my Surface Pro I go to Layer Panel - click the Layer with the Embedded image.

On Mac I just double-click the image - both should result in another window opening up.