You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exporting pages from Publisher to create indivual pdfs

Hi 

Apologies if this has been answered prviously I have tried to search and thre is a lot of info around spreads. Most of the work I do is for online viewing and is mainly newsletters and leaflets. When I do get something commercially printed the firm I use, for price and turn round, requires with 2 sided leaflets that you load one side then load the reverse side seperate. Is there a way in publisher to create two seperate pdfs when exporting or do I have to export current page or put 1 in all pages, then save with the front added to the name then repeat for the reverse. Or can it export automatically as single page pdfs number as page 1 etc. without the use of other pdf tools?

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

If I understand correctly, you want two PDF files, one with all the odd numbered pages (front) and one with all the even numbered pages (back). If this is the case, you can specify which page numbers you want to export (the box labelled "Pages" in the dialogue box. i.e. 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 etc. 

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

The options I get are All Pages or Current Page. If I type in the pages box 1,2 it still exports it as one pdf file. I have to repeat the process specifying current page or in the All pages add 1 and then repeat the process for 2 and rename the files to indicate which is which. I just want to tell the export to create two files automatically 

image.png.d9cdde999360223e0d7b08e23f20a87e.png

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

Thanks IanSG for confirming it was not some setting I was missing. Downloaded the free version of PDFSam and as you say seems to do the trick. The only thing I wonder is about whether embedded fonts would be carried over or will they get converted to curves, or does it matter if they are converted if it is the final proof?

Alan Pickup