Palette and swatches problem in Affinity Designer Windows Customer Beta - 1.9.1.963

• Moderators

Hi anto,

Sorry for the delay in responding - we're under an large backlog so it is taking a while to get to tickets.

Would you be able to supply us with a Step by Step of what you're actually doing please? The screenshots show a large amount of swatches have been added (incorrectly I'm assuming) but you don't show what the process is you're taking that causes it.

Could you supply us with a bit more information on what you're doing, and if possible get a screen recording that demonstrates the process please?

Sorry to say, but I think you will have to describe a little in words what you are trying to do vs. expecting to happen. (yes I watched the video)

If its the fact that the NAME of the colour swatch does not update to reflect changes in the colour NUMBERS - well this should be intentional as you can rename it to whatever you like and one must be able to have 2 swatches of the same colour.

It's a bummer thou, that Affinity apps do not have a feature to automatically rename a swatch based on numbers, like the checkbox in InDesign
(whose implementation also can be frustrating if you coincidently try to create an already existing colour and it aborts) 

1667768611_Bildschirmfoto2021-02-19um10_34_46.png.7feb088e6e490db3e7880469f9adbb7d.png

• Main machine: iMac (21,5-inch, Late 2013), 16GB RAM, 1TB nvme + 2TB ssd, running on 10.14.6 Mojave;
  • Display setup: 27" Thunderbolt Display (primary) + 21,5" iMac-Display for studio panels (secondary);
  • Keyboard layout: german apple extended keyboard (aluminium);

• Moderators

Hi anto,

Your video shows a completely different thing to the thread you originally linked to. The thread you linked to is an issue with the Palette not updating after making a selection in it - this is a known issue with development.

As others have said when a Colour is created it is named by its colour values. If you then modify the colour, the name doesn't update - this is By Design. This is especially important if you had spent time giving all of your swatches meaningful names - you wouldn't want them being renamed every time a colour was tweaked.

EDIT:
I've just realized your other thread was actually reporting two different things. When reporting issues PLEASE try to add a description of the issue you are encountering including steps to reproduce. If English is a language barrier then please do use your native language - we can translate using Google to help us. That in addition to pictures and videos helps us greatly and avoids any confusions over what you're reporting.

Also reported in:

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 20H2 (19042.685),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop (2021-04-06):  32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz
, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
Affinity Photo 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.4.1065 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.4.1065 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.2.1024 Beta