You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity not working since upgrade to El Capitan

Hello,

This morning I upgraded my MBPretina (Mid 2012) to the official release version of El Capitan and now bot Affinity Photo and Designer stopped both working. When I try to boot them I get this message:

post-7814-0-60016300-1443692089_thumb.png

What I tried so far:

• Reinstalling both Photo and Designer from the MAS

• Resetting the apps by CTRL-click-opening them and resetting all userdata

It seems that this is not a common problem since I seem to be the only one with this problem. Any tips or ideas how I can solve this? I'll be glad to give you more info if needed.

Thanks,

Willem

Hey MattP,

Thanks for looking into it! I can't find any problems in Font Book, but I use FontExplorer Pro as font manager:

http://www.fontexplorerx.com

I cleared all font caches with fontexplorer, but nu luck.

Can Fontexplorer be the cause of the problem? I can try to uninstall, but that would mean I'd loose a lot of my font organisation. But I 'll try if you think this might cause the problem.

Thanks for your advice,

Willem

• Staff

No problems, Willem :)  I'm glad you're at least able to try to problem-find this one  - I'm just sorry I can't tell you which one is the culprit... Please let us know how you get on with this - I'd be very interested to know which font(s) cause the problem!

Thanks again,

Matt

Hy Matt,

I hope I can discover which font caused the problem, but I'm afraid we might never know :)

It's just suspicious it happened right after the update to El Capitan. Maybe the new system font has something to do with it? Or the font-permission-things changed in the new OSx? What is the font used in Affinity? Maybe I have a different version of that font activated (I know this used to cause a crash in After Effects years ago).

All the best from Belgium,

Willem

Hi Matt

I Was Having the Same problem with Designer and Photo and turned out to be a font issue for me as well. It also helped me resolve a issue with several other programs that I haven't been able to open for months.

So I wanted to Say THANKS

PaulB ;)