You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Zoom colors and brush

spacecat

To those people using zoom to navigate and brush masks

1. Select a color for masking(b or w), paint something .. lets try black. Or x to use default 

2. Zoom out to see how it looks and zoom back in

3. Notice how the zoom tool also has a default color b/w (why?....)

4. Go back to brush tool

5. Congrats you just painted white cause zoom, for some reason... has a color.. and somehow applied to brush.

6. Now you dont trust the colors anymore and had to look at the color panels to check if you are in black or white color cause zoom messes things up

Here's a screengrab * attached* 

Notice when I switched from the zoom tool to the brush tool it didn't bring back the original colors. Maybe I'm blaming zoom too much here, maybe it could be something else effecting it like lag or something(?). I work with like zoom + brush + pan with spacebar.

This doesn't happen all the time, but it does at times. I'm using 1.9.1. 

• 5 months later...
  • Staff

I see. It's odd. I still can't replicate it. Can you try something for me please? Go to Preferences > Keyboard shortcuts > Miscellaneous > Toggle fill context and remove the shortcut . See if you can still replicate it after this. 

2021-08-11 22-02-03.mkvHere you go. Same thing but disabled that shortcut from 'x', but I did notice something strange, it lagged a bit when I switched tools and that's when the brush refused to change to it's own colors. Do you think some form lag can affect the colors switching? 

(in the video you may notice the mouse didn't move, that's only when I switched to my wacom one tablet) 

• Staff
On 8/11/2021 at 3:12 PM, spacecat said:

(in the video you may notice the mouse didn't move, that's only when I switched to my wacom one tablet) 

How exactly do you pan/zoom? Using the Wacom key bind to shortcuts? Can you replicate the issue when using a mouse and not the tablet?