You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"My account" not available inside my Affinity Apps

Hello!

It seems that the "My account" ("Mi Cuenta" in Spanish) window is not available inside my purchased Designer and Publisher apps, don't know why.

I wanted to register my products so I could install the extra templates that came with my purchase of Publisher. I read in the instructions that the installation should be done through "My Account" inside the app, but I am unable to open it.

How can I access it, why is this? 

Thanks a lot!

Samuel

Captura de pantalla 2021-02-19 a las 0.53.05.png

Edited by Samuel García

What version of MacOS are you running? That function is only available for Sierra or higher.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

@Samuel García

"My Account" link is under the Help menu, I think.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

2 hours ago, emmrecs01 said:

"My Account" link is under the Help menu, I think.

It's showing under his Affinity Publisher menu item, which makes sense on MacOS, I think. But it's grayed out, which implies too low a level of MacOS for it to be supported.

Yes, it's under Help on Windows.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

@Samuel García

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

If your OS is incompatible with this feature (which it seems to be) you can contact Affinity@Serif.com and they can give you another way to access the registration content in your situation.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi everyone! I am so thankful and impressed with your quick replies, really appreciate it :)

I am running El Capitan so I think that's why. I haven't updated it to Sierra or higher because it is a 2011 IMac which is functioning fairly well with El Capitan and sometimes system updates have ruined stuff. Is there any way I can register my purchases and install templates, brushes, effects, etc running on El Capitan? Or should I just try to go for Sierra and optimize my computer so I can use this feature? "My Account" would be important for me in case it is the only way for registering and installing this content.

Thanks a lot,

Samuel

• Staff
6 minutes ago, Samuel García said:

"My Account" would be important for me in case it is the only way for registering and installing this content.

As I said you will not be able to use this feature on that OS, but you can get the content by contacting Affinity@Serif.com . Explain to them what OS you have and they will provide an alternative way to claim it. Then download and installing it manually (instructions are included). The My account is convenient, but it is not the only way to access store content. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Just now, Patrick Connor said:

As I said you will not be able to use this feature on that OS, but you can get the content by contacting Affinity@Serif.com and downloading and installing it manually (instructions are included). The My account is convenient, but it is not the only way to access store content. 

Okay! Thanks a lot :)

• Staff

@richdb1969

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

You are correct for 98% of users, but when a user has too early a version of macOS they cannot register their application and "claim" the "1.9 registration content" to download (so it is not there in their account where you described). Those 2% of users (a guess not precise) who are on older macOSs can email Serif who have an alternative mechanism for claiming the content

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Is there anyway that brushes etc purchased from the contributors of brushes etc within the affinity store that are purchased from these same contributors but outside of your affinity store could somehow be incorporated into our individual accounts?  It then becomes much easier to download them with each update.  Or perhaps have an ability to do a mass download.  

• Staff
10 minutes ago, p_mac said:

Is there anyway that brushes etc purchased from the contributors of brushes etc within the affinity store that are purchased from these same contributors but outside of your affinity store could somehow be incorporated into our individual accounts?  It then becomes much easier to download them with each update.  Or perhaps have an ability to do a mass download.  

No, and this thread is not the right place for this discussion

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd