You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

App Affinity Retouching

I believe Jonas14 is referring to the "What's new in OS X" that can be found in the finders help menu.  The link starts out showcasing  the Photos app and sure enough, there is a quick snippet of photos being able to use extensions now.  And look at what the number one extension is that Apple highlights:  Affinity Retouching. 

post-4966-0-06571500-1443680949_thumb.png

I was playing around this morning with Apple Photos (on OSX 10.11.1 public beta). Mainly to see if my MacPhun apps was available. And to my surprise, I was able to use AP as a extension (did not saw that coming :)

Maybe I can leave Aperture now?  ;)

-- Magnus

Installing the latest Affinity Photo Beta will add the Affinity Retouching Extension to Photos :)

I am using Affinity Photo since it was available (yes, I bought it and I am very pleased with it ;-) ), I just updated to El Capitan, but I do not have the extension in Photos. Well, it makes sense since I did not run any installer after El Capitan installation, but is there a way to bring the Affinity Photo extension to Photos without re-installing it?

It is not the most important things, but it would be nice to have it there as well.

Cheers

Frank

I am using Affinity Photo since it was available (yes, I bought it and I am very pleased with it ;-) ), I just updated to El Capitan, but I do not have the extension in Photos. Well, it makes sense since I did not run any installer after El Capitan installation, but is there a way to bring the Affinity Photo extension to Photos without re-installing it?

It is not the most important things, but it would be nice to have it there as well.

Cheers

Frank

I don't think you need to reinstall AP – but you must have the latest beta of Affinity Photo installed to get the new extension in Apple Photo.

EDIT: Just updated my main computer to El Capitan. And you must start AP beta once, before the extension can be selected in Apple Photo. /End edit

-- Magnus

Edited by Magnus_vb