You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Failed to save document: <title>

"Save failed due to an internal error. This should be reported to the development team."

I have, however, managed to save (export) the separate parts of  the document I am working on to .svg now and don't appear to have lost information... I still have the original document open in AD.

Any ideas?

Finally I manage to squeeze an opportunity to try affinity for real project and same error for me right now in publisher.

This happened to me twice. At start of project and now in the middle. I couldnt retrieve file even with snapshots option.

I'll pin my file 

I am very unhappy with this guys

2021-02-18_11-14-59.png

2021-02-18_11-15-36.png

822_-_Презентация_Hamilton_Beach_2021_2.afpub

28 minutes ago, shustovcreates said:

I am very unhappy with this guys

The file saves without problems for me. But I don't have the fonts Mangal and Montserrat installed. Maybe one of the fonts is causing the problem? Try to replace both fonts with e.g. Arial and save again.

Where did you try to save the file to? Have you tried to save to desktop?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

6 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

I don't have the fonts Mangal and Montserrat installed

Montserrat is free:

https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Montserrat

https://www.fontsquirrel.com/fonts/Montserrat

Mangal is an OpenType script for Devanagari, which brings its own problems since the Affinity apps don’t properly support Indic OpenType scripts.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 minute ago, Alfred said:

Montserrat is free

:D I just wanted to express, that the problem arising could be related to the font(s). Or the place being saved to. Or [placeholder].

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

3 hours ago, Joachim_L said:

The file saves without problems for me. But I don't have the fonts Mangal and Montserrat installed. Maybe one of the fonts is causing the problem? Try to replace both fonts with e.g. Arial and save again.

Where did you try to save the file to? Have you tried to save to desktop?

Yes it does! but after some work done it stopped working

I cant say why. I dont know. Also I dont have any mangal font in my file. Monserrat is old and I doubt it can malfunction

Yes I tried to save it on desktop. Didnt work. Cyrillic on non cyrillic path, doesnt matter

2021-02-18_12-25-48.png

Mangal is reported missing. See attached image. And I asked you to REPLACE every occurence of Mangal / Montserrat with Arial. Maybe it helps if I attach the file saved by me.

mangal.jpg

822_-_Презентация_Hamilton_Beach_2021_2-neu.afpub

------

• 2 weeks later...

I had thought/hoped this problem was solved in 1.9.1, but it has just recurred. There are some signs that it may be related to a memory leak, given it tends to happen when my system has been on for a long time. That is something to investigate, I think. 

"Save failed due to an internal error. This should be reported to the development team."

In case anyone might be having a similar problem: It seems that my project had become corrupted probably by a glitch/crash in 1.9.0. To fix it I created a new project and copy pasted the shapes from my old file into it. Since doing that the new file has worked reliably (on 1.9.1 that has some fixes) for several days and I'm reasonably sure this was the right diagnosis.   

• 5 months later...

I am experiencing this same error.  I cannot just create a new file.  My project is almost 400 pages long. I'm using Windows 10 Home Version 21H1, OS Build 19043.1110. Affinity Publisher version 1.10.0.1127 - just upgraded yesterday. 

I'm finding that if I save VERY OFTEN it doesn't fail.  I can do that, but I would really like to feel the program was more reliable than that.

Thank you for any help.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never encountered this issue until upgrading to the newest version 1.10. I'm working on a laptop using Windows 10 Pro Version 21H1,, much like the previous poster.

No matter how often I save, it has been coming up intermittently recently. Which is leading to me losing work quite often, or having to copy and paste from Designer back in to Publisher after a restart on a fairly small document (15 pages). But this doc that has a deadline attached to it so any help would be welcome.

6 minutes ago, Vice Morris said:

But this doc that has a deadline attached to it so any help would be welcome.

The current beta has a fix for this.

It is recommended that you download and use the beta if you are experiencing this problem

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

14 minutes ago, Vice Morris said:

I believe I am, my version is 1.10.0.1127.

Is there a newer version than this?

Thanks

I believe that is the officially released version number

The beta is a separate version that installs separately so you will have 2 versions on your PC

Once installed ensure you use that (beta) version until the officially released version is officially patched

You can find and download the beta here (Windows)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

3 hours ago, carl123 said:

I believe that is the officially released version number

The beta is a separate version that installs separately so you will have 2 versions on your PC

Once installed ensure you use that (beta) version until the officially released version is officially patched

You can find and download the beta here (Windows)

Thanks for that, I'll give it a shot.