You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

File extension of macros (1.9.1.952)

Today I tried to import a few macros into the stable version which I created with the above mentioned beta version. When I opened the dialogue to import the macros none of them where showing up even though I was in the correct folder to which the macros were exported. I took a closer look and realized that both versions (beta and stable) export macros with the file extension .afmacro while for importing macros they expect files with the extension .afmacros (with "s" at the end). Is this behavior on purpose? Or is it a bug/ an oversight?

It gets even worse: Renaming the files to .afmacros does not fix the issue. It does let you select the files (contrary to files with the extension .afmacro which do not even show up in the dialogue) but trying to import them leads to an error message "Unexpected Macros Format". So it's currently impossible to import macros into Affinity Photo that were previously exported.

P.S. I'd love to attach a screenshot but the forum still gives me an error message "-200" when I try to ☹️

Each release exports an individual macro from the Macro panel in an .afmacro (singular) file, and macro categories in .afmacros (plural) files from the Library panel.

Each panel can import the files it exported.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Ah, now I've got it. Silly me 😉 Thanks for clarifying. The thread can be closed.

P.S. Please fix the forum, not being able to upload screenshots is less than ideal if one is trying to document issues in a beta version.

28 minutes ago, altae said:

P.S. Please fix the forum, not being able to upload screenshots is less than ideal if one is trying to document issues in a beta version

That's been a problem for awhile, that Serif doesn't seem to be able to fix. Several different errors happen, seemingly at random. (It's not their forum software, by the way.)

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

1 hour ago, altae said:

The screenshot I tried to upload is 117 KB in size and the resolution is 1918 x 1156 pixel. How can this be too large?

Which error did you get when you tried?

-- Walt
PC:

2 hours ago, altae said:

The screenshot I tried to upload is 117 KB in size and the resolution is 1918 x 1156 pixel. How can this be too large?

You could try zipping the file when that happens. It often helps, though it's more work for both you and the forum readers. Or sometimes just post without the attachment, come back later, and edit the post to add it.

-- Walt
PC:

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.