Where are the controls to enlarge my tools icon sizes? I can't find it anywhere, and because I am a Senior (older) person, the tool icons are so small they are difficult for me to read and understand. I have attached an image of the tools I am talking about.

screenshot_103.png

Thanks for the quick reply, MEB, I really appreciate it. No ability to change icon size is a real bummer. When I asked a tech-savvy friend of mine, "Why are computer and phone things getting so small?" he replied, "Because they are all being built by young people who don't have the same issues older people have. And unfortunately, by the time these young techies become Seniors, you and I will be gone already." So true!

3 hours ago, ABHULtheELF said:

Where are the controls to enlarge my tools icon sizes?

Try change OS scaling.

Affinity Store: Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 1.8.5.703.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 20H2, Build 19042.610.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200.

Users have been requesting fixes for the tiny icons and fonts for many years. Despite the user interface deficiencies, I bought APhoto about 3-1/2 years ago because I thought that Affinity's emphasis on non-destructive editing was the "right" model. After a time I memorized locations of the icons and rearranged them to my liking so their tiny size became less problematic. Obviously that depends on the state of your vision, quality of your monitor, and ambient room lighting. Affinity's competitors do not have these particular UI deficiencies, but they do suffer from other deficiencies. As a result, I use APhoto almost exclusively for my hobby work despite my aging eyes. Improvements in Windows 10 helped me overcome Affinity's tiny text. The tiny icons remain a problem. As my late mother often said, "What can you do? You just have to put up with it I guess." Obviously the majority of photo editing enthusiasts choose not to put up with Affinity's deficiencies and lacks. Most people have not heard of Affinity Photo. It often gets no mention in reviews of photo editors. Of course I disregard those reviews because I find reviewers have criteria and priorities different from mine. 

@ABHULtheELF, you may find some benefit reading the following discussions about icon size, text size, and types of scaling available in Windows.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/125603-ui-scaling/

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/123596-ui-font-and-icon-size-is-really-very-very-tooooooooooo-~~-small/

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/116061-fon-size-in-the-gui/

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/74923-changing-affinity-photo-user-interface-font-size-in-windows-10/

We have learned to expect that APhoto will remain pretty much as it is given that so many UI features and bugs (like the very annoying white outline that appears around photos at different zoom levels) have been left standing for several years through several "major updates." Perhaps as the workers at Serif age into trifocals and/or cataracts they will see the benefits of making the UI more usable. Perhaps they will even make it consistent as regards indications for what buttons and tabs are selected or not selected.

Affinity Photo 1.9.1.979, Affinity Publisher 1.9.1.979, Windows 10 Pro x64 version 20H2, 
Dell XPS 8930, 16 GB Ram,  Intel Core i7-8700 CPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

I am on a MAC running Big Sur using a 27" Apple Display. I am not on a PC. So your suggestions do not help me, because I cannot find a Control Panel or Preference Panel to change sizes. Is there anyone out there that has this problem fixed on a MAC?

How much trouble would it be for Affinity developers to put a size (increase or decrease) option in their apps? I love Affinity apps, especially compared to the highway robbery payment options Adobe charges. And since I am semi-retired now, I can no longer afford Adobe anyway. But I still have a few clients that require graphics apps for their projects, and with the small icon sizes it takes me a lot longer to complete jobs now. Please Affinity!—add an icon enlargement option!

Thanks, MEB. Yes, my display is set to Default.

I am wondering—does anyone from Affinity actually read these forums? If so, I would really like to hear from one about the future of fixing my issue.

29 minutes ago, ABHULtheELF said:

Thanks, MEB. Yes, my display is set to Default.

I am wondering—does anyone from Affinity actually read these forums? If so, I would really like to hear from one about the future of fixing my issue.

I think MEB is from serif.

3 hours ago, Roqoco said:

I think MEB is from serif.

MEB is indeed from Serif. That is what the black Staff badge below his avatar indicates.

Affinity Photo 1.9.2, Affinity Designer 1.9.2, Affinity Publisher 1.9.2;  2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.9.1.225 & Affinity Designer 1.9.1 (showing 1.9.7) for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 14.4 (18D52)

12 minutes ago, R C-R said:

the black Staff badge

<pedantry>

512D7ABB-B0F9-4D0A-A94F-1C333A6868FC.jpeg.ca2077d14821655aacec1212aaadd682.jpeg

</pedantry>

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher for Windows 1.9.1 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.9.1 • Designer for iPad 1.9.1 • iPadOS 14.4.2 (iPad Air 2)

I have this problem too, when I use a 4K monitor. MacOS does not have a global adjustment for this.

The tool icons are fixed size in terms of screen pixels.

So, if one uses a large screen with high pixel pitch so as to be able to see the details on a full page of a document without zooming in, the tool icons are correspondingly small.

I have set Preferences-> User Interface->Font UI Size to Large, which helps make the text items more visible on a large screen.

It would be nice to have a similar control for the tool icons. 2X enlargement would be good for a 4K screen.