You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AD 1.9.0 Crash on EXPORT Mac OS 10.14.6

I reported the same issue last week. The problem seems to rest with linked or embedded images in files created prior to 1.9. Export seems to work in the latest beta (1.9.1.952) but I haven't found time to test it thoroughly. Because I had a deadline to meet I reverted to 1.8.6, which I knew worked: that and previous versions are available here.

In plain text, yes. Attached. I have tried copying and pasting all the elements into a new document. Same result. Crashes on export dialog. Every single time.

AP-CrashReportFeb2021-DMuller.txt

Is there not a way to rollback in the interim? I have jobs that need to get to the printers this week and clients needing work urgently next week also.

2 hours ago, Septentrionis said:

I reported the same issue last week. The problem seems to rest with linked or embedded images in files created prior to 1.9. Export seems to work in the latest beta (1.9.1.952) but I haven't found time to test it thoroughly. Because I had a deadline to meet I reverted to 1.8.6, which I knew worked: that and previous versions are available here.

Thanks for this, I'm d/l ing the previous version now. Fingers crossed!!

Ahh.. that doesn't work either. The files created in 1.9.0 are not compatible with 1.8.6 - there's no option to save for a legacy version and you cannot have both versions running side-by-side. So I can;t cut and paste from the newer to the older. I can't save in the older format from the newer.

The only option is to literally remake everything, again, from the start. Why do I upgrade? It's such a dumb thing to do but I fall for it every single time.

• Staff

Hi @DMullerDesign,

The crash report indicates it's crashing in relation to a linked pdf file, I would have thought replacing the linked pdf files would have fixed it but that doesn't seem to have helped

Can you upload the file here and i'll take a look

If there's not many PDF's in the file you could break the links to them and see if that would prevent the crash.

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Hi Jon, I can confirm that the problem appears to be the placed images (including the pdfs – it may have borked at the first pdf image it found and never got further). To fix I re-linked every image in the document and then corrected the sizes/ sclaing of each. The file export now works. It's only happening with files created from previous versions it seems.