You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher - Missing content?

I think this may be the problem, publisher has difficulties dealing with various cloud and networked drives.

1676685319_ScreenShot2021-02-17at6_35_09AM.png.319bbd2e80f48538afdeddaa6e575a1d.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hello

I have the same thing. The problem is that it is on fifty linked images and I have to remplace one by one by themselves to not see the fifty messages of Publisher at the opening saying I have Missing Content .

I think the missing content in my case is because I have clean my image in affinity Photo with Rasterize and Trim, to delete unseen data.But My image are OK for me.

I hope Affinity team could modify this behavior. I'm OK that they alert me, but not OK to have to remplace the images one by one by themselves.

Hope I'm clear with my bad english.

While I know what you mean and agree to that I guess this is not the same issue: im my case Publisher actually finds the linked file but mocks missing content, as far as I understand. The path to the file is in Publisher and it is correct. After relinking it the issues persists.

I think I have made a bad explanation. In my case too, Publisher find the linked file, but every time I open the file, I have fifty alert (one per image) saying there is a missing content and that's why I decide to replace the file with themselves. 

18 hours ago, abra100pro said:

While I know what you mean and agree to that I guess this is not the same issue: im my case Publisher actually finds the linked file but mocks missing content, as far as I understand. The path to the file is in Publisher and it is correct. After relinking it the issues persists.

On Windows, the message I usually see in the Resource Manager is simply "Missing", not "Missing Content". To me, "Missing Content" implies that something within your .afdesign file is missing, rather than the entire fill being missing. But I cannot get Publisher to provide the "Missing Content" message, even if I Place a .afdesign document that contains a Linked file that is missing. So I'm not sure what's going on.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

7 hours ago, steday said:

I think I have made a bad explanation. In my case too, Publisher find the linked file, but every time I open the file, I have fifty alert (one per image) saying there is a missing content and that's why I decide to replace the file with themselves. 

You have a different problem, unrelated to this thread at all. If the problems are not identical, it's better to post your own topic, to avoid confusion. :)

But since you asked here, Publisher has a Preference to automatically update Linked files that have changed. It sounds like that would help you.

image.png.ad3791eca6a0e42f2987db8bdf298b9a.png

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hey Walt, thank you for the tip. It work with my problem but I would like to be informed when an image is modify.

I don't think my problem is unrelated to the thread. Because the alert that I have is not 'modified' image, but 'missing content' on an modify image with 'Rasterise and trim' in Affinity Photo. And as you can see, the Update button is gray on the ressource manager. And this is not explain in the doc.

Missing_content.jpg