You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

RGB TO CMYK AND REVERSE CONVERTS BAD?

Hi there.

Well, I found an annoying trouble, I think, in reference to color spaces.

I did a design using a rgb document. Well, I have the rgb reference of the color of one element but when I change to cmyk in the right side dock (or in the document itself) the referece doesn't match with other conversors like https://www.calculadoraconversor.com/cmyk-a-rgb/ or https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/color/cmyk-to-rgb.html

I think the conversion is wrong.

In example:

#00146B in RGB  >>>> Designer gives CMYK 100, 97, 24, 25 while both conversors above writed and other softwares give CMYK 100 81 0 58

It´s imposible to have a secure work if the conversion is not real.

Where is the problem?

Thank you in advance.

I was asking to the printing company and they use sRGB for incoming files  (sRGB IEC61966-2.1) and suggest edit in CMYK US Web coated SWOP v2 to avoid some colors of sRGB (neon colors and other) and ensure that all colors are ok for printing.

When I edit in  US Web coated SWOP v2 I expect that the conversion to sRGB to be accurated and secure and I test this like you can see in the picture and I don't occur

Maybe I am not able to understand you. Putting away the web conversion I comment in the last post, I expect that conversions in both senses, from srgb to CMYK and reverse from CMYK TO srgb give the appropiated and expected codes. How can I trust this if codes are different each iteration I try to change in a sense or the other one?

If I fill cmyk code gives a srgb code that, if I fill in this, gives a cmyk code back that it's not the expected (the first one). How can I send a file to print that I can ensure It's the appropiated code?

Thanks in advance.

pd: sorry about any english mistake

1531965849_COLORSDONTMATCH.thumb.jpg.3cc6409e9ce92ddaa24318361bae3b90.jpg