You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer - Going Greyscale all at once with multiple objects...

Hi Everyone - flummoxed again :) I have a mosaic that I made, each square a separate vector element in a different color. I'll be using this image over and over, but each time in a different context. One thing I need to do is convert them all to grey scale. I need to keep them as individual editable items but can't figure out how to take them all and get rid of their color all at once. I know how to do that once it's saved as pixels, but not vector. I tried the different layer blending modes, but the closest I got turned them all a bit brown. Hope this isn't confusing!

Thanks in advance! 

post-8426-0-54344700-1443558085_thumb.jpg

Robert,

If I am understanding you correctly I would place all the layers in a group then attach an adjustment layer to the group.  You could use an HSL adjustment layer to desaturate them.  But instead I would use a Black and White adjustment layer, then any time in the future you can tweak how dark or light each color is portrayed.

post-2932-0-19858200-1443559878_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps.

Mike

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

Hi Mike - I tried many things, so I can't remember if I did that or not.  I didn't mention this, but it's important that the mosaic look exactly the same, just in greyscale. Nothing should change with regards to getting lighter or darker. Think B/w photo of this particular mosaic. I'll go mess around and report back. Thanks again!  

PS - Say hi to AZ - used to live in Mesa as a teenager :)