You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 1.9.0 crashes opening file

TG2008

Mac OS 10.15.7. 

Publisher 1.9.0 (Affinity store version)

I recently updated Publisher to 1.9. When I try to open recent files, I am either getting one of 2 errors:

1) A message stating that the file failed to lad. The document appears to be corrupted. The document must now be closed.

2) The file partially loads and Affinity publisher crashes.

I have restarted my machine several times and the app will not allow me to work with any previous files. The files are large (200-273 MB) but I didn't have any issues working with these files prior to installing the Affinity Publisher update.

I can provide a crash log if that helps.

Thanks,

Similar situation in my case, crashes instantly at start, I have upgrade recently to 1.9 in Mac Sierra and Catalina; however in both systems, yesterday and today, I have opened them ramdomly. Yesterday with the software opened, just dragging the file on it, and today, with the software opened again, but in this case I have to: first, open new file, second, from menu/file/open/...after several tries, I could succesfully worked. Even though the software has given me the message of "Missing Resource(s)", but they where all ok linked. Hope you will find the problem, thank you.

Roughly the same issue here. Mac Mini, OS 10.14.6, Publisher 1.9.0. I did the whole job in Publisher because it was trouble free until just now. No work done on file today, opened fine yesterday, now Publisher application crashes when I try to open it, so I can't even troubleshoot linked images or whatever. See attached error logs from last two attempts to open. I moved afp file from work drive to desktop and Publisher crashes when I click to open it from the finder, or try to open from with app.

I'm downloading new beta 1.9.1.067.

Help! On deadline to make repro PDF for printer.

Crash error log.rtf Crash error log 2.rtf

Yesterday, I was able to open the problem file using Designer and was able to export as a PDF for the printer, but when I repeated the attempt this morning, Designer crashed, too! Mac Mini, OS 10.14.6, Publisher 1.9.0 and Publisher Beta 1.9.1.

The file remains corrupted and I am still unable to open it in Publisher 1.9 or Publisher Beta 1.9.1. However, yesterday I tried opening it in Designer and I was successful enough to distill it to a PDF for the client. Apparently, there seems to be a way to work with such a problem file using the "Edit in Publisher" option, but when I tried it again this morning Designer crashed, too!

I was able to open the file without resources (at least for now) with another Mac (MacBook Pro, OS 10.14.6), but the file still crashes on my studio computer (Mac Mini, OS 10.14.6),

This is a serious problem and other than creating a huge collection of incremental contingency backups, I don't know how to deal with it.

Pub Crash error log.rtf Pub Crash error log 2.rtf Designer crash.rtf

Update:

After a lengthy process of elimination of fonts and linked images, I finally found that one linked image crashed Affinity Photo. When I removed the image so that Publisher couldn't find it, the file opened as usual. When I replaced it from the client's original email, Publisher opened. I suspect that the image had somehow become corrupted when converting it to B&W for print. Sorry for all the bad thoughts about Publisher, back in my good graces again.