You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Beta - 1.9.1.952 still crashing (split)

Hi, I have the problem with the software crashing with this beta-version (1.9.1.952) I can sometimes when I go through the menu > Open get a view of it for a number of seconds but then it crashes with a crash report.

I created this document on APub 1.9.0/Big Sur 11.1 (Mac M1) sent it to a colleague, he edit it, sent it back (crash), worked on his side APub 1.9.0/Big Sur 11.0?. Then he upgraded on his side to Big Sur 11.1 it started to crash. He got it to work by using Menu > Open while none of his versions works for me at all. The beta version does not help at all in my case. 

If you want the file and/or crash reports please let me know!

• Staff

@MrJimbo

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

I have split your post as the announcement post is not the best place to give file specific support, which may turn out to be what you need. Since releasing the 1.9.1.952 beta, the developers have been fixing further problems with Publisher and your document may well have a known issue that the next beta (and release)will sort, but in case it is not can you please share you file here on Dropbox. We can delete it once we have investigated

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Just for your further investigation, I have uploaded some crash reports for your information to the dropbox.

Here: Publisher 1.9.0

Two newly generated documents. (Not from an older version.)

Both crash instantly when saving. Or when working on them for some minutes.

Therefore I can't work at all now...

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

iMac 27 2019 / 3,6GHz i9 / 128GB RAM / Radeon Pro 580X 8GB

I can do whatever I want. Just now I've started a stroke with the pencil -> crash. Before I've changed the borders in the layout, hit cmd+s -> crash.

I will deinstall the program and install it again later. Have to go now and eat with the kids, take them to bed and so on...

Updated MacOS with the latest 1,4GB Update, uninstalled Publisher, downloaded it new, installed it again -> Same thing: crashes, whatever I do.

Uninstalled 1.9.0 again and installed 1.8.6 -> Couldn't open the files, made in 1.9.0. - Obviously. No problem here.

Done everything from scratch (just a couple of minutes of work) -> No problem so far.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.