You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Misty Dawn Liftoff ( loose formation )

Ren De

Hi, Danny! I initially thought to illustrate both bird and “beaver”, but then decided to just make this one with photo manipulation. So the beautiful crane became the main focus and the aircraft secondary. Both of these creatures of the air looked to be climbing out of the mist, working to gain altitude, setting their course with purpose. Mixing in the idea of a misty environment meant an overlay of warm grey to tone down the sharply contrasted and brightly coloured De Havilland. Neither of the elements are pictured in direct sunlight so this solution seemed natural to me.... Anyway, thats my story and I’m sticking to it.  🤓 But thanks for your comments - keep them coming - they help keep me honest!

Really nice work! Love it as is, and think works as intended..simply having main focus and inclusion of depth by using the plane in background, gives a lot of Narrative.

Even don’t mind the look...as Tone values match throughout. I might have added a bit more highlighting/shadowing to each (crane and plane), as both are a bit flat,,,and even in a misty airspace, would offer a bit more depth to them and each other.

But really lovely overall.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the feedback.... especially from the forum members all of whose range and depth of experience I so highly respect. Thanks Dannyg9, Slammer, Alfred, StudioJason, Kasper-V, and all the others who have so kindly given a positive reaction to my postings! You keep nudging me in the right direction..🤓