You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Temporary Node Tool from Pen Tool new behaviour conflicting with new one.

Previously when working with the Pen Tool you could hold Ctrl to temporarily switch to Node Tool, while in this form of Node Tool you could click over any part of an existing path to add a new node on that part of the path. Now in version 1.9, when you are in Pen Tool and hold Ctrl to change to Node Tool; is no longer possible to add nodes like in previous versions since the temporary Node Tool deletes the segment, which is a new behavior of the Node Tool. I'd like to a way to go to the previous behavior please.

On 2/15/2021 at 6:48 AM, Arceom said:

Previously when working with the Pen Tool you could hold Ctrl to temporarily switch to Node Tool, while in this form of Node Tool you could click over any part of an existing path to add a new node on that part of the path. Now in version 1.9, when you are in Pen Tool and hold Ctrl to change to Node Tool; is no longer possible to add nodes like in previous versions since the temporary Node Tool deletes the segment, which is a new behavior of the Node Tool. I'd like to a way to go to the previous behavior please.

I fully agree. Please restore the previous behavior of this tool, as it is very frustrating to use at the moment. 

• 1 month later...

I just mentioned this in a different post. The problem is that the Node tool uses the Ctrl + Click shortcut to delete a segment. So when you call is from the Pen, it sees Ctrl pressed and does exactly what it was told to do, i.e. deletes the segment. Shift + P to the "full" Node tool and it works just fine because you're no longer holding Ctrl. It's like they didn't even test it...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...