You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Master pages preventing some functions

I noticed that when using master pages, some things are blocked although they should editable.

In text frame when you make an anchor it can not be deleted. When clicking on the trash can, the function is ignored.

Same with tints. You cant use the function.

But when you go in Detached mode in layers, it is than possible to do the things.

This is what i found, but could be more of them.

Amchur :

image.png.73070d4ca9ee649f6854896b3419bc96.png

Tint:

image.png.fde7642dd800f190738c85095fde92da.png

Master Edit Detached:

image.png.109d3ae1ef90949eb40decd15d43fc03.png

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Version    10.0.17134 Build 17134
System Type    x64-based PC

I also found that I could not toggle the bookmark button in the anchors panel on or off when the anchor was part of text in a frame on a master page. (It might have worked if I used edit detached, I forget.)

This was on the regular 1.9 version, but I don't see anything about it in beta release notes.

On 2/14/2021 at 11:33 PM, Rondem said:

In text frame when you make an anchor it can not be deleted.

Hi @Rondem,

are you trying to delete the anchor on the master page itself or on a page of your document with the master page applied?

This could be an explanation why detached mode 'unlocks' the anchor on the masterpage. It would also be interesting to try what happens if you turn on 'Edit linked'.

d. 

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.