Our response time is longer than usual currently. We're working to answer users as quickly as possible and thank you for your continued patience.

Exporting multiple layers / batch export Affinity Photo

I have created a document in Affinity Photo in which I have pictures of mine set on a white background with a logo underneath, like a passepartout. I've got one white pixel layer, one with the logo and I inserted the photos as separate layers as well. Now I'd like to export them, and if possible not every picture separately. But with the Export Persona and the slice tool I only manage  to get either one picture with logo and background at a time, or all the pictures at once, but without the background and logo. Is there any way to get around that? Or is there a better way to go about the whole project?

I'd be glad of any help. And yes, I'm quite new to Affinity and any kind of this work, so I don't know much about anything.

1366008850_Bildschirmfoto2021-02-14um22_23_46.thumb.jpg.410eb260d762ddfbb9287c5aa0882344.jpg

The project with the separate layers

1775090551_Bildschirmfoto2021-02-14um22_38_48.thumb.jpg.0b7fc254b8e1fe7aa3199d00da15c94e.jpgThe view in Export Persona

Edited by MKGö

Hi,

I'm unsure if i understand your issue, but let me try:

You have a white frame with logo, and you now want to use this as template for several (say: 4) photos, and export all 4 photos with your frame, but as seperate files?

If this is correct, there are multiple approaches:

1. If you want to keep all in one single file:
    1. Copy your frame (with logo) 4 times,
    2. use the crop tool to increase the canvas,
    3. move the frames and photos side by side in a row.
    4. Use export persona to create 4 slices
  2. You may use embedded layers instead:
    1. copy on of the images in a folder and rename it to "content for frame"
    2. Use the place tool to link the image into the position in your frame
    3. Export the file
    4. Replace the file "content for frame" by the next image
    5. goto step 3 until all files are processed
    6. see video for details

Mac mini M1 A2348

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.