You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Loading medium to bigger sized project files takes ages and then crashes Designer

Hi!

I am on a Mac, currently on OS X 10.14.6 and recently updated all Affinity apps to 1.9.

I have two project files which are fairly big with quite a few placed pixel sources in it. One of the files is roughly 600MB big, the other one only 90MB. But with both, I have the problem that for opening the files, Affinity takes next to half an hour. I experienced this with files on a SMB network server and local files as well. Once they are loaded, they work fine (except from copying the contents – then the beach ball shows up for 20mins+ and then the app crashes). 

BTW, this shouldn’t be a pure performance issues, as I had this problem on two brand new i9 iMacs with 40GB / 64GB of RAM and big SSDs. 

I am relatively sure that is not enough information for anyone to look into this, so feel free to ask me any questions and I’ll be happy to answer them! Only I can’t upload the files, because they’re from a classified project.

Thanks in advance!

Bene