You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lens corrections for DJI FC3170

Hi, I bought affinity photo last fall so I could start learning photo editing for my Mavic Air 2 drone. I soon learned that there was no lens corrections until the 1.9 update came out. Well 1.9 is here and according to this the Mavic Air 2 (FC3170) is supported. However, when I import a .DNG file into Affinity it still doesn't give me that lens in the list (as seen in the attached image). I even completely uninstalled Affinity and reinstalled 1.9. Can someone please help me figure out where I can get the correct lens correction so I can start messing around with editing my photos?

Screen Shot 2021-02-14 at 8.53.01 AM.png

Your screenshot shows that you've successfully opened  a file so the libraw library works and that is what your this really meant as it related to libraw

However. the lens correction is done with the lensfun database which is currently hosted here:

https://github.com/lensfun/lensfun/blob/master/data/db/actioncams.xml

and the DJI FC3170 is not listed. I think you have three choices

- identify a camera with a similar lens and use that

- make a profile for your own camera

- wait until someone else has profiled the camera, uploaded it to github, github has processed it and included it in actioncams.xml, Serif issues an update with that camera included

Note that the gitub/lensfun database is run by enthusiasts who don't work to a schedule and whose payment is by kudos not currency

Note also that some of them cannot spell - <mount>dijPhantomVisionFC200</mount>

The camera spec is here https://www.dji.com/uk/mavic-air-2/specs but I am not clever enough to translate into an equivalent. Good luck

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

10 hours ago, ScoobyDoo27 said:

So what is the difference between the libraw and lensfun then?

It is my understanding that libraw handles the conversion from raw sensor data to rgb by de-Bayering, White balance etc. Optical lens corrections need the numbers such as:
<calibration>
<distortion model="ptlens" focal="10" a="0.013" b="-0.071" c="0.021"/>
</calibration>
which are provided in the lensfun database. If your camera/ lens isn't listed you're stuck

Read more here, https://www.libraw.org/ but put the coffee on first

From your last quote it seems that what worked in the beta didn't make it through to the release, hopefully it will reappear when 1.9....... is eventually fixed

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10